Using the research question and hypotheses you developed in your Module 5 Literature Review assignment, write a report outlining the type of data you would collect, how you would collect it, and how you would analyze it.
The primary purpose of this Research Methodology Report Assignment is to give you experience in determining appropriate research methods to be used with the research question and hypotheses you have posed and with the type of data you would need to collect to answer your question.
Your report must contain the following sections (use these sections as headings in your paper). APA formatting standards must be followed throughout.
- Study Design – This is an overview section that includes information from your previous assignments. You should repeat the research question and hypotheses from your literature review assignment here, then briefly tell what type of study you would do, what type of data you would collect, and summarize how you would collect and analyze the data. Most of these points are covered in more detail in later sections.
- Population and Sample – This is a short section describing the population for your report, your sample, and how your sample will be selected.
- Variables and Measures – Describe the variables in your study. Indicate whether they are independent, dependent, moderating, or intervening. Describe the relationship between the variables. Tell how they will be measured.
- Data Collection Methods – Tell what kind of data you need to collect and how, where, and when you will collect the data. If you plan to use a survey or questionnaire, include a copy of that instrument in an appendix to your report. Also, include a copy of your cover letter for your survey. If you plan to interview, tell if it would be structured or unstructured and why. If it is a structured interview, include the questions you would ask in an appendix to the report.
- Data Analysis Methods – Describe the techniques you will use to analyze the data. Indicate why you selected those methods and why they are appropriate. You must be specific and detailed in identifying and justifying the processes and statistical tests you will use in the analysis of your data.
- References – Your report must contain a reference section that includes all sources in your paper. References must be in APA format.