Health care reimbursement has greatly evolved since the time when medical services were often bartered for with items such as crops or livestock. Today, there are many ways that health care providers are reimbursed for their services, and methodologies are constantly changing. The purpose of this assignment is to explore the world of payment systems in health care.
- Compare and contrast four types of health insurance plans to include indemnity plans, health maintenance organization plans (HMOs), preferred provider organizations (PPOs), and point of service plans (POS).
- Differentiate between four reimbursement methodologies commonly used in health care today.
- Discuss the components of Medicare, Medicaid, and TRICARE/CHAMPVA programs.
- Discuss how AHIMA provides support for reimbursement for physicians and facilities.
- Combine what you have learned in Unit III regarding coding with what you learned in this unit regarding reimbursement, and explain the importance of these entities being able to work together
Your response should be at least three pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. Be sure to use at least two outside sources, preferably from the CSU Online Library, in addition to your textbook.