This week, we will have two case studies:
- Nurse Bullying: Unprofessional Conduct
- Whispering Willows Nursing Home Disaster Preparation
These case studies will cover topics on healthcare professionals and human resources who make decisions and address concerns as a healthcare leader. You will have the opportunity to discuss a case among your fellow students and perform a written analysis on the case.
Your Learning Objectives for the Week:
- Evaluate issues on human behavior in healthcare organizational settings, including issues pertaining to leadership and change interventions to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Analyze human resource systems for employment, compensation, training and development, appraisal, and labor/employee relations in health care organizations.
- Critique healthcare reform process in the US health care system, reviewing major proposals for system reform currently under consideration including governance and accountability models.