In this Discussion, you will examine how morals, values, and situational factors influence ethical decision making. https://academicessays.xyz/marketing/using-the-same-organization-selected-in-week-1-for-the-course-project-complete-2/ Morals refer to the ability to distinguish “right” from “wrong.” What is deemed “right” often is a matter of perspective and moral maturity. A value is “an enduring belief that a specific mode of conduct or end-state of existence is personally or socially preferable to an opposite or converse mode of conduct or end-state of existence” (Rokeach, 1973, p. 5). While there is a greater chance of individuals with strong morals and values behaving ethically, certain situational factors, https://academicwriterblog.com/uncategorized/overviewin-this-assignment-you-examine-the-case-of-marbury-v-madison-and-desc/ such as the degree to which an organization emphasizes ethical behavior, may steer one’s decision into unethical territory. Often, individual and situational factors that influence ethical decision making occur on a subconscious level; therefore, it is important to increase your awareness as to how these factors affect decision making.
Rokeach, M. (1973). The nature of human values. New York: The Free Press.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Read the Introduction in The Ethical Practice of Consulting Psychology, Chapter 8 in the APA Handbook of Ethics in Psychology, and Chapter 2 in the Sage Handbook. Focus on common ethical dilemmas in the practice of I/O psychology.
- Read APA’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct (hereafter referred to as the APA Ethics Code). Identify ethical standards that are applicable to the practice of I/O psychology.
- Read Chapter 1 and Appendix A in the text, Business Ethics: An Ethical Decision-Making Approach and the journal articles in this week’s Learning Resources. Consider the role of morals, values, and situational in ethical decision making and the practice of I/O psychology.
- Identify one ethical dilemma related to the practice of I/O psychology. Then identify the ethical standards that apply to the dilemma.
- Reflect on how an I/O psychology practitioner’s morals (i.e., moral character or competencies) and values might influence https://academicwriterblog.com/uncategorized/overviewin-this-assignment-you-examine-the-case-of-marbury-v-madison-and-desc/ his or her ethical decision making in response to the dilemma. In addition, consider how situational factors may influence the practitioner’s ethical decision making.
By Day 3
Post a response to the following:
Briefly describe one ethical dilemma that could occur in the practice of I/O psychology. Then identify at least one ethical standard that applies to the dilemma. Finally, explain how morals, values, and situational factors might influence an I/O psychology practitioner’s decision making in response to the dilemma. Use specific examples to illustrate your explanation.