Assignment 1: Lesson Plan from Development Posts Lesson Plan 1
Due in Week 10 and worth 210 points
Starting in week 1, you will work on creating a lesson plan. Each week you will:
- Develop a specific part of your lesson plan.
- Post your lesson plan piece to that week’s lesson plan development discussion board.
- Peer-review at least one of your classmate’s posts.
- Review the comments on your own post.
You should maintain your own document in which you can make revisions to each part of your lesson plan as you review the comments on your own post. At the end of 9 weeks, you will have all the information you need to create a full lesson plan. The only thing you should have to do is make minor revisions and format your lesson plan. A copy of a lesson plan is in Chapter 6 for your reference.
This lesson will be the basis for your 3-lesson unit final project. An example of a unit plan is also in Chapter 6 of your textbook.
Your lesson plan needs to include the following:
- Unit Title
- Lesson (grade) Level
- Subject Area
- Lesson Title
- Demographics of classroom. Please describe the population of the classroom, including gifted, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, socioeconomics, learning styles, and other demographics that describe your class.
- Lesson Standard: Choose a standard from your state, CCSS, or other national standards like NGSS, that fits your topic and lesson.
- Lesson Objectives: Write a minimum of two objectives from your standard that will be addressed in your lesson. How will you share objectives with the students?
- Attention Grabber: How will you hook the learners in this lesson? Describe the attention-grabber.
- Connecting to prior learning/Advanced Organizer: How will you connect skills and knowledge from prior lessons to this lesson?
- Present the Content: What instructional strategies will you use to present this lesson? (Include two or three instructional strategies. Think of different types of strategies addressed in the book.) What type of activities will you use to teach this lesson? How will you differentiate to meet the needs of all learners?
- Student behavior: What will students do in this lesson? How will the skill be assessed?
- Providing Feedback: How will you assess student learning and provide feedback?
- Reflecting & Assessing the Lesson: Determine how you will decide if the student learning was successful.
Submissions should contain the following formatting:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Reference at least three (3) scholarly sources published within the last ten (10) years.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify learning objectives and information resources or technologies to meet those objectives.
- Evaluate and recommend effective ways to communicate objectives and outcomes to students, parents, peers, administrators, and other stakeholders within and outside of the school environment.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in instructional methods.
- Write clearly and concisely about instructional methods using proper writing mechanics.